Trying to Dye with Birch

I attempted to dye my Coopworth with some birch bark, as described in Jenny Dean’s Wild Color book.  It didn’t work.  All I got was little pieces of bark stuck in my wool.  It was supposed to dye a reddish color, so I added a bit of some kind of red dye that I bought, so now it’s a little red.  Very disappointed.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Dyeing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Trying to Dye with Birch

  1. I tried an indigo vat last year with similar sad results. Doesn’t it just make you cranky!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s