Dyeing Experiment Results

Last year, I posted about some dyeing experiments I was doing with local plants.  I ended up letting them sit for almost a year.  Whenever I went to check on them, I really didn’t see much change in the yarn.  My thought is that part of the problem was that I used vacuum sealed bags.  I tried to leave some air in them, but they were still limited in the air they received.  There was limited decay to these plants after sitting in water for almost a year.  The positive result is that I know my bags will work for preserving food.  🙂

img_5311img_5317

As you can see, there was some variation, but mostly shades of brown.  Nothing too exciting that I’m going to try again.

 

 

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Dyeing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s